It access homeownership and dignified became almost impossible to achieve for the Venezuelans sleep due to high prices and inadequate housing solutions.
The contraction in the construction sector means that the supply of houses and apartments is almost nil.
The few that are available urbanisms look unattainable, with prices exceeding two million bolivars.
Housing is expensive in a country where 50 percent of the working class perceives the average minimum wage and bank financing is located at 350 thousand bolivars.
The current regulatory framework, input shortages and inflation are some of the factors that maintain reduced the sector, says Rafael Guédez, director of the Venezuelan Chamber of Construction (CVC).
The engineer says the private sector added 17 consecutive semesters in "free fall". "We are in a difficult situation does not allow us to respond to housing production that the country needs."
The Mission House, presented in 2011 by the government as the solution to the housing shortage, also shows difficulties.
The Housing Ministry figures show that during the first quarter of 2014 10 000 283 households were implemented, representing a drop of 63 percent from the same period in 2013, when they were executed 29 000 104.
This year the Executive promises delivery of 400 thousand units, but in the first four months alone made 2.7 percent, which has yet remaining 97.3 percent.
Guédez warns that there is no way to corroborate the official figures, since there is no information on the location of housing solutions or their characteristics.
In the country's housing deficit is estimated at three million homes, the government promises to build over the next five years.
To fulfill its offer, the Executive must ensure the implementation of 600,000 homes per year until 2019.
Guédez ensures that high housing prices are related to the increased cost of inputs.
Indicates that the sector does not have access to regulated cement and rebar that are essential materials for the execution of projects.
Add other items such as cables, paints and glass have high prices, especially the shortage that exists in the country, so most have to be imported.
The engineer believes that the domestic industry is reactivated so that the country can produce the items needed for construction.
It also highlights the need to reach agreements between the public and private sectors to increase the implementation of housing required becomes possible.
17 consecutive quarters of contraction sum private construction
"We are in a difficult situation does not allow us to respond to housing production that the country needs"
Rafael Guédez, director of the Venezuelan Chamber of Construction (CVC).