In the US, around a hundred new limousine companies open shop monthly, according to analysts, despite the current slowdown in the national economy brought about by many factors, one of them is the housing market crunch.
In any event, if you do wish to start one, and have the determination to make it in this realm, there are a number of things to consider when setting up a capital-intensive business like a limousine rental firm. Here are a few important tips in setting up a successful limo rental company.
Things To Initially Consider
If a person is planning to start a limousine rental firm, industry analysts suggest they start by researching and thoroughly planning the startup. It would be good if you write down all details in a business plan. Here are a number of aspects you need to consider:
- Choose the type of limo that is right for the business you are planning, by considering the different makes and models currently available in the market.
- Think thoroughly if should you buy or lease? Should you use brand new or used limousines? More importantly, how much is your capital?.
- Ensure that you acquire limousine insurance.-
- Study and analyze how you are going to reach your target market and market as well as advertise the business.
- Learn about how you're going to hire, train and obtain a license for your chauffeurs.
- Know how to maintain your limo fleet, including parts and supplies.
- Know the permits and licenses you will need.
- How will you price your services? What is the ongoing rate in the market today?.
- Learn about what to expect on expenses, especially with the rising cost of fuel.
Find Out How To Obtain Credit
For starters, you need to get a credit report and find out what your credit score is. Provide all the pertinent documentation to prospective lenders, since at these times when there's a slowdown in the economy, banks and lending agencies are eager to establish links onl with solid prospects. Do your fair share in making yourself look like an attractive borrower. Along with borrowing money for the startup, pool your own resources and try to consider being an owner-operator of a limo rental firm.
Write a Business Plan
It is imperative that every entrepreneur needs an effective and coherent business plan. A business plan serves as a roadmap for you and prospective lenders to follow and guide. If you need business software, please do purchase one. Take note that in a currently slow economy, you need to reduce your margins of error, so it would be best to do some market research and learn the trends of the limousine rental business.
Set Up A Home Office
You could rent an office space, or you could designate a part of your home as the base of your operations. Get a regular phone line along with a voice mail service, to help potential clients call you back. Do a research on the types of vehicles available in your area, along with the standard price structure of your competition.
Try to develop an idea of the perfect market niche, along with a competitive pricing plan, which would generally appeal to both upper and middle-income markets. Make sure that your office is available at nights and on weekends. Do research on what necessary permits and licenses are required in your area.
Buy The Best Vehicles And Warranty That You Can Afford
If you think of venturing into the corporate transport field, you may need to check on more formal-looking limousines such as the Lincoln Town Car or the Cadillac Sedan De Ville. For unique occasions, you may consider getting one like a superstretched limo or an SUV like the Hummer H2 or H3. Try to finance your vehicle, or vehicles for three years or less. Learn as much about your chosen vehicles as possible.
Vanessa Arellano Doctor